Career Level Manager
As a Senior Gameplay Engineer you will develop powerful gameplay systems for the Call of Duty franchise. A Gameplay Engineer should be able to rapidly prototype ideas and be capable of quickly turning a design specification from paper into a usable game system for further iteration.
A successful Senior Gameplay Engineer will have an “eye” for gameplay and an interest in understanding how to deliver exciting features that millions of fans are going to love.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Contribute to the design of our gameplay systems
- Develop, modify, and debug gameplay software in script and C/C++
- Deploy, optimize and test gameplay software on PC and console platforms
- Collaborate with other internal departments (art, design, audio, QA, etc.)
- Document software and features for internal and external teams
- Participate in the code review process
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science, Engineering, or Math related field
- Shipped at least one game title
- 5+ years of experience working in the game industry or related field
- Proven ability to collaborate, coordinate, communicate and support other team members
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented programming
- Demonstrated ability to write efficient, readable, and reliable code
- Aptitude for gameplay design and innovation
- Understanding of animation systems and techniques
- Familiarity with physics simulation
- Experience with console development
Founded in 1990, Raven Software is the developer of numerous award-winning games, and most recently, a major contributor to the blockbuster Call of Duty® franchise. We are based in Middleton, Wisconsin, a suburb of Madison, annually ranked on numerous lists as one of the top places to live and work.