Career Level Executive
The Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing general nursing care and leadership,
working collaboratively with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; the RN will work with the Provider to promote and restore patient’s health as they prescribe, provide, delegate, evaluate and coordinate comprehensive professional nursing care through the use of the nursing process for patients of all ages, gender, cultures, and background; the RN will oversee, supervise and train MAs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Upholds and supports the philosophy, objectives, policies and procedures of Community Health Systems, Inc.
2. Responsible for participating in quality improvement projects/activities and accountable for quality and PCMH.
3. Reports to the Director of Nursing and seeks guidance regarding clinical protocols and procedures and follows
all clinical protocols and Universal Precautions.
4. Works with and reports to Clinic Administrator (CA) regarding all operational related duties and advises the CA
on process improvement.
5. Facilitates and implements Clinic Focus quality improvement and evaluation initiatives. Contributes to a work
environment where continuous quality improvements in service and professional practice are pursued.
6. Identifies, collects and maintains timely and accurate information about the clinic’s quality improvement
7. Conducts monthly MA chart reviews for various functions related to workflow, screenings, utilizing the audit
tool and other quality programs tasks.
8. Must properly and accurately chart observations and other data related to the clinical condition of the patient and
activities related to patient care.
9. Follows-up with Provider and patient immediately after receiving critical abnormal lab results.
10. Assesses, plans, directs, evaluates and charts total nursing care as determined by the patient’s age related;
physical, psychosocial, and cultural needs in accordance with established standards, policies and procedures of
CHSI within the RN scope of practice.
11. May provide case management by being a patient advocate, resource and contact person for patients.
12. Works in conjunction with Referral Coordinators to ensure appropriate case management.
13. Identifies challenges/opportunities and communicates across the care team to guide team members to a solution.
14. Delegates care team members in accordance with patient needs, staff capabilities and qualifications to improve
the delivery of healthcare.
15. May assist Provider during examination, treatments, surgeries, and procedures.
16. Provides Nursing Office Visits as necessary.
17. Works with the CA/Provider to oversee care team to ensure orders are followed and completed.
18. Triages patients as needed.
19. Administers immunizations as needed.
20. Provides basic education information to patients and family as needed, based on identified learning and age
related considerations and needs.
21. Directly responsible for ensuring all clinical logs are completed accurately and on time.
22. Will handle and be knowledgeable of all medical equipment utilized in the care of the patient and provide
information regarding equipment and supply needs to the Clinic Administrator.
23. Responsible for vaccine and medication management to include, but not limited to: orders, logging, tracking,
24. Ensures all medical supplies are stored and used safely within manufactured guidelines.
25. Follows clinic protocol when disposing of biohazardous materials, labeling and handling of all materials.
26. Participates in training to provide best patient care such as learning evidence-based approaches to self-
management support, proactively addressing the needs to patients and families in community, cultural competency, and effective communication.
27. Perform all other duties as directed either formally or informally, verbally or in writing.
- Directly supervises Medical Assistants in the performance of their clinical duties and responsibilities.
- Oversees back office work flow to ensure patient care is delivered in a timely and efficient manner.
- Responsible for ensuring MAs adhere to the Meal and Rest Period Policy.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills; ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with divergent
and diverse groups.
- A high standard of professionalism and professional ethics and conduct is expected in speech, manner, attitude
and appearance at all times.
- Ability to deal effectively with changing situations and stressful environment.
- Ability to perform tasks related to physical activity to complete the responsibilities of the position.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Associate Degree in Nursing required. Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- Current California RN License required
- Current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS certification required
- Minimum of two (2) years of nursing experience preferred
- Previous supervisory experience preferred