Career Level Manager
The Facility Manager shall assist the Administrator in the responsibility of providing an overall efficient operation of the entire facility. A Facility Manager shall be knowledgeable of Title 22 requirements and Dangerfield Institute of Urban Problems STRTP Policies and Procedures. Residents, Community Care Licensing, school, and placing agent, will be provided with a current telephone number of the Supervising Facility Manager to ensure adequate supervision when residents are at the facility, outside of their normal schedule.
An existing employee could fill this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Facility Manager shall meet the following requirements prior to employment:
- Have a Bachelor of Arts or Sciences degree.
- Two years of full-time experience, or its equivalent; working with the population to be served or equivalent education or experiences; and determined by CDSS.
- Experience shall be verified as having been performed as a paid or volunteer staff person; whose duties required direct supervision and care of the population served.
- Two years of experience as a member of the Social Work staff in a Group Home or Short-Term Residential Therapeutic Program performing those duties as specified in Section 87065.2(c).
- A Group Home Facility Manager who was hired prior to January 1, 2017, by a facility transitioning to a Short-Term Residential Therapeutic Program, shall not be required to meet the requirements of this section in order to remain employed in a Short-Term Residential Therapeutic Program.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must be able to take direction from Administration and adjust to facility’s needs.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that may include extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time & Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Employee is required to have a personnel record, an age affirmation affidavit, and confidentiality form on file.
- Documentation of the required education and experience requirements shall be maintained in the personnel file.
Prior to assuming the duties and responsibilities of the Facility Manager, the individual shall complete, in addition to the direct care staff training, a minimum of (1) hour additional facility manager training, and successfully pass. Training will include, but is not limited to:
- Interaction with the Agency, including inspection authority.
- Licensing appeal rights.
- Interaction with placement agencies, neighbors, mental health agencies, law enforcement, medical emergency personnel, and residents’ family members.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the day-to-day operation of the program.
- Supervise direct care staff, ensuring appropriate care and supervision is provided to residents/non-minor dependents in accordance with applicable law, licensing regulations, and the program.
- Oversee planned activities, required to be available to residents as specified in Title 22, Section 87079.
- Supervise, instruct, and interact with residents/non-minor dependents.
- Teach daily living skills and supervise all aspects of the residents’ daily routines.
- Schedule home activities and motivate residents to participate.
- Develop interpersonal communication with residents, staff, and community.
- Assist residents in developing group interaction and problem-solving skills.
- Document all information regarding the resident’s progress.
- Record dispensation of medication.
- Record daily progress.
- Record pertinent communications in daily log books.
- Complete and report Special Incident Reports.
- Provide for physical needs of residents.
- Purchase food and prepare meals; and maintains food service records.
- Inspect home daily for safety, cleanliness, equipment and required documentation.
- Transport residents as needed.
- Participate in meetings and trainings related to the needs of each resident.
- Professional services needed for resident’s progress; and communicate to staff.
- Participate in weekly treatment team meetings.
- Participate in agency wide and site-specific trainings per agency policy.
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever changing work environment.
- Ability to demonstrate good common sense and sound judgment.
- Ability to work independently, self-starter, energetic.
- Any other duties that may be necessary to manage the day-to-day operations of a STRTP
- All other duties on an as needed basis.
Lines of Supervision the Facility Manager will report directly to the Administrator.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
- Ability to move about as needed throughout the
- It requires the ability to sit up to 8 hours per day with intermittent occasional moving about our
- Ability to sit at a computer workstation, including keyboard and visual display terminal, for extended periods.
- Finger, hand, and wrist
- Ability to complete tasks in an environment where interruptions are the norm and background noise is
- Ability to move throughout buildings and between buildings, including stairs or elevator. Areas are wheelchair
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS REQUIRED:
- Demonstrated knowledge of response to assaultive behavior.
- Demonstrated use of Universal Precautions.
- Demonstrated safe driving record with DMV and attendance at vehicle orientation.
In accordance with reasonableness standards.
I have read the above job description and have had any questions regarding the duties and expectations of this position answered to my satisfaction.