Career Level Manager
Under the direction of the Site Manager, the Chiropractor is responsible for providing community chiropractic consultations. The chiropractor will provide care for patients with health problems of the neuro-musculoskeletal system, which includes nerves, bones, muscles, ligaments, and tendons. They use spinal adjustments and manipulations, as well as other clinical interventions, to manage patients’ health concerns, such as back or neck pain. A chiropractor will also provide coordination of services with client’s primary care physician. This position carries the responsibility of ensuring productivity standards are met, while delivering quality patient care to the population we serve.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Consulting with the patient about their medical history and the reason for their visit.
2. Creating a plan of care that focuses on the patient’s overall health and wellbeing.
3. Assessing the patient’s spine, posture and reflexes to provide the appropriate treatment.
4. Performing Neuro-musculoskeletal therapy by adjusting the patient’s spine and other joints.
5. Providing supplemental treatment, such as massage and acupuncture to the injured area.
6. Giving advice on lifestyle habits such as sleep, exercise and diet to improve patient’s physical health.
7. Initiate referrals to medical specialties as needed.
8. May be required to work weekends or evenings as designated.
9. Responsible for coordinating admission to hospital or extended care facilities.
10. Assist in implementing and maintaining procedures and protocols for quality assurance on regular basis.
11. Maintain dialogue with Site Supervisor and Nursing Supervisor to assure smooth operation of clinic.
12. Every attempt should be made to solve all problems at clinic level.
13. Will report direct patient care issues to the Chief Medical Director and any other issue(s) (i.e. administrative) to the Site Manager.
14. Responsible for participating in quality improvement projects/activities and accountable for quality and PCMH.
15. Perform all other duties as directed either formally or informally, verbally or in writing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
· Possess a general knowledge and understanding of healthcare clinic setting.
· Possess specific knowledge of behavioral medicine healthcare.
· High level of analytical skill and creative ability.
· Well-developed verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with divergent groups
· Must possess great customer service including verbal and written communication.
· A high standard of professionalism and professional ethics and conduct is expected in speech, manner, attitude and appearance at all times.
· Possess strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others.
· Ability to deal effectively with changing situations and stressful environment.
· Ability to perform tasks related to physical activity to complete the responsibilities of the position.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
· Doctor of Chiropractic Degree (D.C.) with a valid license to practice chiropractic in the State of California
· Must be Board Certified or Board eligible in the field of chiropractic.
· Must also have a current DEA certificate
· American Heart Association BLS Certification required
· Five years of work experience practicing medicine preferred
· Must maintain continuing medical education requirements for licensure
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $104,348.00 – $135,652.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- Tuition reimbursement