Career Level Manager
BCP Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
As a Barclays BCP Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, you will be on the aPaaS Cloud L3 team within Private Cloud and Middleware CTB, primarily required to perform BAU engineering of the aPaaS platform and consultation for application development teams during project lifecycle. Additionally, you will be supporting the L1/L2/L3 operations team in dealing with application major incidents across the global aPaaS clusters and infrastructure related issue resolution across the global aPaaS clusters hosting @28k application containers.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality, and innovation behind us. We’ve helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
We’re committed to providing a supportive and inclusive culture and environment for you to work in. This environment recognizes and supports ways to balance your personal needs, alongside the professional needs of our business. Providing the opportunity for all our employees, globally to work flexibly empowers each of us to work in a way that suits our lives as well as enabling us to better service our customers’ and clients’ needs. Whether you have family commitments or you’re a career, or whether you need study time or wish to pursue personal interests, our approach to working flexibly is designed to help you balance your life.
We are currently in the early stages of implementing a hybrid working environment, which means that many colleagues spend part of their working hours at home and part in the office, depending on the nature of the role they are in. We’re flexible on how this works and it may continue to change and evolve. Depending on your team, typically this means that colleagues spend a minimum of between 20% to 60% of their time in the office, which could be over a week, a month or a quarter. However, some colleagues may choose to spend more time in the office over a typical period than their role type requires. We also have a flexible working process where, subject to business needs, all colleagues globally are able to request work patterns to reflect their personal circumstances
Please discuss the detail of the working pattern options for the role with the hiring manager.
What will you be doing?
- Collaborating with application development teams providing PROD/ DEV infrastructure consultancy to business units whilst migrating the banks major services to CLOUD
- Undertaking L2 and L3 root cause analysis to deliver resolutions to one off infrastructure problems and recurring faults, which may include the design and engineering of new solutions.
- BAU engineering of automation solutions
- Performing OPENSHIFT major product release testing and rollout for Version 3.x and 4.x.
- Supporting major infrastructure maintenance
- Contributing to out-of-hours callout rota
- Providing live systems support, including monitoring, patching and fixing any issues
- Proactively monitoring and dealing with the incident queues, and providing analysis around any problems that arise from incident support.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience of working in a Middleware service delivery environment or similar
- Analytical ability covering incident recovery, root cause identification and eradication and pro-active service and process improvement
- Understanding of the full project lifecycle and key quality gates with emphasis on validation and Live implementation phase
- Ability to track and enforce adherence to Middleware product standards and acceptance criteria
Skills that will help you in the role:
- OPENSHIFT V3 and V4
- WILY/ prometheus
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.