Career Level Manager
- The short-term residential therapeutic programs shall have a qualified and currently certified administrator.
- The administrator shall be on the premises for a minimum of 20 hours per week to manage and administer the short-term residential therapeutic program in compliance with applicable law and regulation.
- The administrator shall be responsible for the following duties, delegated by the Executive Director:
- Direction and evaluation of a residential treatment facility within the limits of the functions and policies established by the licensee.
- Preparation of the facility’s budget and management of expenditures according to the facility’s budget limitations.
- Organization of the work of the facility and delegation of responsibility to staff members.
- Assessment of the facility operations and program; and reporting to the licensee and making recommendations to address identified problems.
- Recruitment, appointment, training, evaluation and termination of staff.
- Development of a plan for the orientation, development and training of staff.
- Review of complaints made by residents, or their placing agent and deciding upon the action to be taken to handle the compliant.
- Develop the written policies, procedures, and practices for continuous quality improvement.
- Observe and interact with residents, staff, and other individuals, as necessary to ensure the quality of care for resident and program services.
- Any other duties that may be necessary to manage and administer the short-term residential therapeutic program.
- SR5 documentation.
- Review of residents with an Individualized Education Program (IEP), if applicable.
- Review of SIRs and Grievances, if applicable.
- Employee observation, evaluation and documentation.
- Review and documentation of the weekly assessment, communication log, medication log, and significant event log etc., for accuracy.
- Monthly distribution and reports.
- Process home pass requests.
- Inspections of facility exterior and interior for cleanliness, repairs, and needs for compliance.
- Community liaison.
- Supervise resident council meetings, in-house groups, and individual meetings.
- Input in employee performance reviews.
- Duties delegated by the Executive Director will be communicated utilizing the Executive Director as a proxy.
- When the administrator is absent there shall be coverage by the Facility Manager with the following qualifications:
- Have a Bachelor of Arts or Sciences degree
- Two years of full-time experience, or its equivalent; working with the population to be served or equivalent education or experiences; and determined by CDSS.
- Experience shall be verified as having been performed as a paid or volunteer staff person; whose duties required direct supervision and care of the population served.
- Two years of experience as a member of the Social Work staff in a Group Home or Short-Term Residential Therapeutic Program performing those duties as specified in Section 87065.2(c).
- A Group Home Facility Manager who was hired prior to January 1, 2017, by a facility transitioning to a Short-Term Residential Therapeutic Program, shall not be required to meet the requirements of this section in order to remain employed in a Short-Term Residential Therapeutic Program.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must be able to take direction from Administration and adjust to facility’s needs.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that may include extended hours, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.